Play Texas Holdem Poker for Free. Practice Online Texas Holdem Poker Absolutely Free and with No Registration required. Opened in 2017, this is one of the newer sites to play online poker for real money. Pala Poker operates with a proprietary platform as a stand-alone site. It is also connected with Pala Casino as a.
Legal, regulated online poker sites in the US offer a safe game that you won’t inherently find if you use offshore, unregulated (at least not by US gaming authorities) poker sites.
Poker is one of the best known card games in existence. Early versions of poker were first played in the 19 th century, and the game has certainly evolved over the years. Playing poker is now a very popular. Replay Poker is one of the top rated free online poker sites. Whether you are new to poker or a pro our community provides a wide selection of low, medium, and high stakes tables to play Texas Hold’em. Raise Your Edge. Raise Your Edge has not been around as long as some other poker.
With that in mind, this guide will help you determine what exactly constitutes a safe online poker site. The goal is to help you sign up, deposit and play at only the most trusted and reliable poker sites.
When you play poker online for real money, safety and security are paramount. That includes ensuring:
- The game itself is fair.
- Your funds are always secure.
- Proper security is in place and persistent, effective efforts are in place to identify any hints of player collusion.
If you’re worried about finding a safe poker site to play on, this page we’ll answer all your questions including:
List of the safest poker sites for US players
The US online poker market consists of some of the most trusted names in online gaming. You can trust these major brands to offer you plenty of action in a secure and fair environment.
Among them will be many names you likely recognize including PokerStars, partypoker, WSOP, 888poker and Borgata Poker. If you don’t live in a fully legalized and licensed online poker state, Global Poker is a trusted and safe sweepstakes poker site many players use.
So far, these are the operators that offer legal and safe real money online poker in the US:
1. PokerStars – $30 Free Play
- Available in Pennsylvania, Michigan and New Jersey.
- Largest online poker operator in the world.
- Great software, downloadable poker app
- Incredible tournament selection and variety with big guaranteed prize pools.
- Numerous promotions and major tournament series throughout the year
- Home Games feature to set up and play private poker games and tournaments with friends online
- First-class customer support team on call 24/7
- Industry-leading security protocols to monitor fair play & collusion
2. WSOP.com – $10 Free
- Available in New Jersey and Nevada.
- It shares a liquidity market in the two states and with 888poker in Delaware.
- The site uses partner 888poker’s software.
- Offers online bracelet events and live WSOP event qualifiers.
- World-renowned brand with commitment to customer service and player protection
3. 888poker.com – $20 Free
- Available in New Jersey and Delaware.
- Remains the sole online poker operator in Delaware.
- Partners with WSOP on qualifiers.
- It’s a proven international brand with excellent poker experience.
4. Partypoker/Borgata Poker/BetMGM – $25 Free
- Available in New Jersey and a leader in the industry.
- Both are major poker and gaming brands in New Jersey and abroad.
- Partypoker offers qualifiers for its live events.
- Borgata Poker & BetMGM Poker skins offer qualifiers to live events at the property.
Is Global Poker a safe, legal and legitimate online poker option?
If you’re outside the regulated markets mentioned above, you have another option: Global Poker.
This site is based on a poker sweepstakes model.Global Poker’s sweepstakes license (like the one given to McDonald’s Monopoly game) makes playing its free sweeps cash games legal in much of the US and Canada.
The site is based more on social gaming than traditional online poker. Players use virtual chips (Gold Coins) they can win for playing, but these don’t have any cash value and they can’t redeem them for USD.
However, when purchasing more Gold Coins, you also receive the site’s sweepstakes currency called Sweeps Coins. This virtual currency can be used for Sweeps Coin tournaments and ring games. Unlike Gold Coins, accumulated Sweeps Coins can be redeemed for cash prizes.
Global Poker offers a safe and secure alternative for poker players. VGW Holdings Limited, a publicly traded company incorporated in Australia, owns Global Poker. The site is also licensed and regulated by the Malta Gaming Authority.
Alongside the playing experience, excellent customer service and easy deposit and withdrawal methods have been confirmed with Global Poker. Like the regulated casino poker sites mentioned above, security and safety hasn’t been a concern.
What is a safe poker site?
So what should you consider when getting started with online poker? Some signs will easily show a poker site is safe and regulated. Here’s what to look for:
1. Safe poker sites are licensed and regulated by states
In the US, there are six states currently set for legalized online poker:
West Virginia online poker was also legalized in 2018/2019 but has not gone live yet. All six states feature a completely legal and regulated market overseen by state government authorities.
Just like traditional retail casinos and poker rooms, reliable online poker sites face strict licensing and regulation. The sites can only operate in complete compliance and enforcement.
2. Safe poker sites use proper technical security and geolocation
These regulations make your information and funds secure. Legal and licensed online casinos and poker sites have systems in place to offer numerous player protections that are required by state laws and regulations.
Geolocation software also makes sure all players are located within the legal jurisdiction. State regulators require this technology to keep the game safe from outside influences.
Another key security issue is the prevention of player collusion and gameplay issues like chip dumping. Each operator monitors gameplay in this way. Software monitoring commonly uncovers player collusion and discrepancies. It assures you of a safe and fair game of poker.
3. Safe poker sites have proper deposit and cash out methods
Along with gameplay, safe online poker sites ensure your funds are secure. That goes likewise for the deposit and cash out process. Whether you fund your account through e-check, debit card or another form of payment (e.g., some poker sites now accept PayPal), the licensed poker site ensures your personal information, account and other information are secure.
Players who use offshore, illegal poker sites will not encounter measures as stringent and have no way to know if their funds and information are safe. They also have little to no recourse if their funds are confiscated or their account is closed.
4. Safe poker sites have government oversight
Poker sites in legalized US states are regulated by laws and rules enforced by those states’ gaming commissions. This statute should give you a level of confidence in secure online poker rooms that don’t come with using unregulated poker sites.
In the legalized states that can offer online poker, the regulating bodies are:
- Nevada Gaming Control Board
- New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement
- Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board
- Delaware Division of Gaming Enforcement
- Michigan Gaming Control Board
- West Virginia Lottery Commission
The entities ensure that play is truly random through random number generators and that the game is fair for everyone playing. They also monitor to make sure payouts are made fairly and that operators follow proper and legal procedures.
5. Safe poker sites have proper channels for customer service and disputes
The gaming regulators in each state offer recourse for those who may have a complaint or dispute. Reputable poker sites also provide customer service support for those looking to ask a question or have an issue resolved.
Most operators offer several means to contact customer service and support, including:
- An FAQ section
- User help database
- Email support
- Live chat
- Customer service phone number
How do I know it’s a safe and trustworthy poker site?
There are a few things to keep in mind when selecting an online poker operator. Beyond state regulators and gaming commissions, some other factors can help ensure numerous player protections:
- State-Approved Partnerships: Each online poker operator must have a live casino partner in each state. Casinos must meet extensive regulations, and this adds to player safety. It also gives you a local, trusted brand.
- Reputable Companies: In addition, most companies offering online poker within each state are trusted and proven brands. Many are also public companies and not the fly-by-night operations one might find in the offshore, unregulated market.
- Approvals and Inspections: Each legal site has a seal or statement somewhere on the home page, which indicates it is a regulated site. For example, PokerStars NJ has a link to the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement. These sites are regularly inspected and monitored by these commissions.
- Mainstream Deposit and Cash Out Methods: Along with being regulated and having casinos in the jurisdiction as partners, trusted online poker sites use accepted, mainstream deposit and withdrawal methods. Those include PayPal, e-checks, bank transfers, e-wallets, and debit and credit cards, among other options. Some even allow deposits at a casino partner’s cashier cage. You can also expect quick turnarounds on withdrawals as well.
- Support and Customer Service: Reliable poker sites offer numerous ways to help with an issue or concern, from email and FAQ to live chat and a customer service phone number. Offshore operators might not provide this support.
- SSL Encryption: A critical focus in the security effort, secure sockets layer (SSL) is a standard security technology for establishing an encrypted link between a server and a client. It helps keep your player information private and safe.
How to download a safe online poker site and set up an account
Because of SSL and encryption technology, downloading a poker app or desktop-based poker client is exceptionally secure. The same goes for depositing and cashing out.
Unlike offshore and unregulated sites, legal online poker sites guarantee your funds are safe and secure. Trouble or long delays getting payouts are a common complaint about unregulated sites, but this is not an issue if you use regulated, secure and reliable poker sites as mentioned here.
Downloading is simple. Simply use any of the links above to get started, which will also allow you to take advantage of the listed free no deposit poker bonuses and the additional deposit match bonuses.
You then enter some necessary information like name, address, email, username and password. Once that’s complete, you may have to confirm your identity and email.
Deposit and withdrawal methods at a legal online poker site
After getting an account set up, making a deposit is also a simple process. Reliable online poker sites offer several safe deposit methods, including:
- E-check bank payments (ACH transfers)
- Visa or Mastercard
- Wire payments
- E-wallets, such as Neteller and Skrill
- Cash at partner casinos
When cashing out your winnings, the process is safe and secure as well. You can receive your winnings back via the method you used to deposit.
Trusted poker sites offer fast and secure payouts through several options. Some offer a paper check option for payouts as well. Many even provide cash payouts from casino partners at the cashier cage.
10 Best Free Poker Sites
What’s one thing you don’t have to worry about with a regulated site? Funds not being there or disappearing out of the blue.
Your funds are not intermingled with operator or casino funds at a secure, legal poker site. The money is held in separate accounts and available to you 24/7 so you can feel confident that your funds are safe.
Online Poker Playing Sites
Are poker apps safe?
As online poker has grown, the use of mobile phones and tablets has become an even more popular way to play in the last several years. All major safe US poker sites offer mobile poker apps for iPhone/iPad and Android devices with excellent app interfaces .
Secure poker app providers include:
Poker apps provide the same security as desktop poker clients. Apps must still meet tight regulations from each jurisdiction’s gaming commission. Poker apps also include geolocation software to make sure every player is within the state offering legal online poker.
How do I keep my poker account secure?
Regulated and reliable online poker sites offer a secure environment for signing up, depositing, cashing out and playing. However, there are a few things to keep in mind to make sure that your online poker experience remains safe.
Here are a few security recommendations:
- Use proper security protocols when depositing.
- Be careful when playing on public Wi-Fi.
- Don’t share usernames or passwords with anyone.
- Make passwords challenging to figure out.
- Don’t leave a game open on a device or computer that’s unattended.
How do I recognize an ‘unsafe’ poker site?
This question is good to keep in mind when jumping into online poker for the first time. Many offshore poker sites will not offer any regulatory information or display the legal sealof an appropriate governing body or regulatory commission.
They may also feature more obscure website addresses and not be a well-known brand. Offshore operators may also make use of less scrupulous deposit methods, which come with many security concerns.
Some unregulated poker sites make it challenging to find where they are based. It is a red flag as to the site’s legitimacy and security protocols. Your player funds may not be safe with these sites or using their deposit options.
You should never use a questionable deposit method. Also, transferring funds to players you don’t know can be sketchy. Look out for these types of scams on unregulated poker sites.
Safest poker sites FAQ
After considering all these facts and concepts, here are some key ideas to remember:
What do I do if I think I’m playing on an unsafe poker site?
Research the site and determine if it’s a legitimate US poker site. If not, look for a legal option, including those mentioned in this guide. You may want to withdraw your funds from an offshore site and use a legitimate, secure option.
How do I know if a poker site is reputable?
Make sure it’s a legal US site by looking for signs that it’s licensed by a state regulating body. However, beware of imposters that may represent themselves as a legal option. When in doubt, contact your state gaming commission to see if the site falls under its jurisdiction.
Is it safe to play against players from other countries?
Legal US online poker uses “fenced-in” markets, and only players within specific states can play. Any site featuring players from other countries doesn’t fall in line with American law. It can be a major security issue, and you should avoid these sites.
Are Bitcoin poker sites safe?
Again, many of these sites use cryptocurrency to get around American law. Just because a site accepts a deposit doesn’t mean that it’s a legal, regulated site. Review this article for websites that are legal in the US, including sweepstakes poker sites like Global Poker.
Do I need to worry about viruses from poker sites?
Regulated online poker sites offer secure, safe environments. They meet rigorous licensing, technology and regulatory requirements to stay in business and to keep serving players. You will never download any malware or viruses from a legal and regulated poker site.
These days, the privacy of your home may be the best place to play poker in NewJersey. Poker went online in the Garden State in 2013.
Online poker rooms were a part of the synchronized launch of NJ’s first legal online gambling sites.
Today, the online poker market includes seven sites, interstate player pools, and apps so you can play anywhere in New Jersey.
These days, you can find juicy cash games and big-time tournaments running all the time. You might even bank a six-figure score or win a World Series of Poker (WSOP) bracelet when playing online poker in New Jersey.
Best NJ online poker sites in 2021
Today’s best online poker sites combine great software, large player pools, and lucrative welcome bonuses to enhance your online poker experience.
Poker sites in New Jersey are well-known for offering cash games and tournaments across a wide variety of poker variants. Each also offers the best seasonal poker tournament series with lucrative guarantees and unparalleled cash game action 24/7.
The following poker operators in New Jersey are the best in the online poker business.
Top Poker Sites Online
NJ online poker reviews
Each poker site uses its own software client, which creates small differences in presentation. Available stakes and game types also vary from site to site, as does the size of tournaments and prize pools.
- Pala Poker
Free play poker vs. real money poker
Real money online poker has been around New Jersey since 2013. Most licensed NJ operators brought free play money online poker to the market with it. In some cases, free play money online poker has been around a lot longer.
Free play money poker games do offer a way to learn the game without risk. However, few people take it seriously, so gameplay is often a poor simulation of the real thing.
So much so that real money micro-stakes may be a better place to learn, particularly if players plan to move up to real money stakes eventually.
Play money poker sites are often linked to social media. Furthermore, they offer player loyalty programs where players might be able to earn something while they play.
So, if you want to play poker to earn, you should hit the real-money games instead and keep play-money poker around just for fun.
Is real money poker legal in NJ?
Yes, real money online poker is legal in New Jersey.
It has been since Feb. 26, 2013, when a bill permitting internet gambling in the state was approved by the New Jersey Legislature and signed into law by then-Gov. Chris Christie.
Almost nine months later, the state’s first legal online poker sites were a part of the synchronized launch of online gambling in New Jersey on Nov. 21, 2013.
Online poker operators have generated an average of about $2 million in revenue annually ever since.
New Jersey signed on to an interstate compact known as the Multi-State Internet Gaming Association (MSIGA) in October 2017. This changed the law to allow NJ sites to apply for regulatory approval to share player pools with those in Delaware’s and Nevada’s legal online poker markets.
Of course, WSOP.com and 888 Poker are the only other NJ online poker operators that run sites in these other states. As a result, they were the only sites to apply.
Lightning casino slots. The New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement (NJDGE) granted the sites the necessary approval and the first interstate games launched May 1, 2018.
WSOP.com has gone on to run a schedule of online WSOP bracelet events available in New Jersey and Nevada the past two years.
How to play online poker on Android
WSOP.com on Android
The WSOP.com Android app is available for download from the WSOP.com website.
The app promises to be optimized for on-the-go Android poker play. It is an excellent product for the one-trick, one-table No Limit Hold’em ponies.
Unfortunately, WSOP.com mobile apps only support playing one table at a time. Also, the Pot Limit Omaha games and tournaments you might find on the desktop client are not there.
Game selection functions are also more frustrating than functional. The cash game and Sit and Go sliders work, but you can’t see these lobbies, so it makes it a guessing game.
The mobile software is the same employed by 888 Poker, but the WSOP.com features the more robust better tournament selection and an efficient and easy-to-reg lobby.
The WSOP.com Android app does deliver on bringing the most prestigious name in the game to your Android device. But unfortunately, the actual desktop online poker experience is not available on WSOP.com mobile.
PokerStars on Android
The PokerStars NJ Android app is among the biggest in the market at over 80MB. What you get is mobile access to the industry-leading poker software and the PokerStars brand, which is optimized for your Android device.
That means No Limit Hold’em (NLH) and Pot Limit Omaha (PLO) cash games and tournaments, Sit and Gos (SNG) and the popular Spin and Gos. There are even Zoom Poker fast-fold games, although these tend to run only sporadically.
The PokerStars NJ Android mobile app offers access to all the account management features.
Some serverlag and unresponsiveness issues remain, but these are minor problems for an Android app.
The app also includes chatfeatures, quickseating, multi-tabling and tutorials for how to optimize it for phones and tablets.
You must go to the PokerStars NJ mobile page to download and install the app. However, once that’s done, you’re in for something special.
888 Poker on Android
888 Poker NJ promises the slickest poker app in the business for Android devices available for download from the 888 Poker website.
All of its poker games are there, including cash, tournaments, Sit and Gos, super turbo games and SNAP poker fast-fold. However, the app features the same frustrating game selection sliders as WSOP.com. The problem is you can’t see these lobbies and what games are running first.
Other than that, the 888 Poker NJ app does feature smooth functionality, quick deposits and real poker games with real opponents, in real-time.
It’s just not as close to the desktop client experience as others in the NJ market.
How to play online poker via your iPhone / iPad
PokerStars for iPhone / iPad
PokerStars NJ seems to understand the need to replicate the desktop computer experience on mobile devices as much as possible. It does that with the PokerStars iOS app available for download on the PokerStars NJ website and the Apple App Store.
It’s designed natively for iPhone or iPad devices and features almost everything you’ll find on the desktop client.
There’s a “PlayNow” button, allowing you to instantly join your favorite games, tournaments and access to about every poker game and popular PokerStars’ product.
WSOP.com for iPhone / iPad
You can download the WSOP.com mobile app for iOS devices on both the WSOP.com website and the Apple App Store.
Unfortunately, the same limited functionality you find with its Android app is there on the Apple app as well.
That means No Limit Hold’em is the only game and it’s a single-table only experience. That said, there are freerolls, Sit & Gos, multi-table tournaments, cash games and even casino games available.
It provides 24/7 access to games and customer support.
Plus, the WSOP.com app is optimized for iPhone and iPad users.
888 Poker for iPhone / iPad
The 888 Poker iOS app is available for download on the 888 Poker NJ website and the Apple App Store. Plus, the mobile app seems to be designedbetter for iOS devices than Android.
It’s got the full account functionality of the desktop client. Plus, Sit & Gos, multi-table tournaments, satellites, step tournaments and cash games including Hold’em Omaha, Omaha Hi-Lo and Seven Card Stud Hi Lo. There’s even access to the 888 Casino games.
Plus, 888Blast poker jackpot games are there as well.
How to clear online poker bonuses
The top online poker sites in New Jersey offer a variety of online poker bonuses to players. These include everything from free tournament tickets to no-deposit and deposit-match bonuses.
Most include wagering requirements that players must complete before they can withdraw the bonus funds. There is a straightforward way to meet these wageringrequirements and clear the bonus: play online poker.
Of course, the amount you must play to clear a bonus is specific to that bonus. That’s why it’s always essential to understand the terms and conditions of a bonus before you try to clear it.
You’re going to want to know how many days you have to clear the bonus, if it will be released incrementally, and if and when it expires. Plus, you’re going to want to know exactly how much poker you need to play to clear the bonus.
In most cases, players earn frequent player points (FPP) based on the amount of rake they pay on a site. Poker bonuses are cleared when certain FPP thresholds are met.
It’s always a good idea to look for times when online poker rooms run promotions allowing you to earn extra FPPs. You might be able to clear a bonus faster as a result.
Another rule of thumb worth noting is that the bigger a bonus, the harder it is to clear.
That means you’ve got to be willing to put in the time at the tables to clear a significant bonus. Most recreational players would be better off choosing smaller and easier-to-clear bonuses they may be able to get their hands on playing only part-time.
Remember, there’s no such thing as a free lunch, and if you want to clear a poker bonus, you are going to have to put in some work to do it. The bigger it is, the more practice you’ll have to do to get it.
However, those with a clear understanding of how to clear the bonus they seek and a willingness to grind it out should find the pursuit of poker bonuses profitable.
Moving money on and off poker websites
NJ online poker sites work hard to make moving money on and off the sites as quick and easy as possible. Each site offers a variety of easy-to-use deposit and withdrawal methods and is continually adding new ones.
Whatever method you used to make a deposit can usually be used to withdraw funds. If not, NJ online poker sites are happy to make other options available.
Here’s a list of some of the mostpopular deposit and withdrawal methods at NJ online poker sites:
- Visa and Mastercard: NJ online poker sites accept major credit cards as long as the bank the card is issued by approves. Some issuing banks may not authorize online gambling transactions. If that’s the case, you’ll need to find another deposit method. However, several exist where you still can use your Visa or Mastercard.
- Play+: Several online poker sites in New Jersey take the Play+ prepaid credit card. The card can be funded using a Visa, Mastercard, Discover card or even your checking account.
- Prepaid Cards: Prepaid cards can be a safe and convenient option for making deposits on NJ online poker sites. Players load money onto the prepaid cards and then use the funds to deposit on a poker site. Several major credit card companies offer prepaid credit cards and some NJ online poker rooms have their own branded cards.
- Cash at the Casino Cage: NJ online poker sites run under licenses held by Atlantic City casinos. Most will accept cash deposits at the cashier cages inside the associated casino.
- PayPal: This third-party payment processor is the largest in the world and available at several online poker sites in New Jersey. You can fund a PayPal account from several sources, including your bank account and credit cards.
- ACH E-checks: ACH e-checks is an online money transfer service that essentially lets you write an electronic check to an online poker site. It’s a great way to move money from a bank account to an online poker site.
- PayNearMe: Financial services provider PayNearMe has partnered with 7-Eleven convenience stores and CVS Pharmacies to create a financial services app. The app allows users to make bill payments via retail sites. Also, you can make payments at several NJ online poker sites with cash.
- Online Banking: Those that make bill payments with their online bank account can often deposit to an NJ online poker site directly as well. But this too is often subject to authorization issues.
Types of poker games available to NJ poker players
Most of the tournament and cash-game action in the NJ online poker market revolves around No Limit Hold’em. There’s also some Pot Limit Omaha around and some sites that have software capable of running other poker variants.
The thing is, games don’t run without players and most of the time, it’s hard to find even six players willing to sit at RAZZ, HORSE or 2-7 Triple Draw games.
So, even the sites that advertise a wide variety of poker variants available don’t run much outside of No Limit Hold’em and Pot Limit Omaha games most of the time.
That said, it’s all about timing. You might be able to jump in a cash game or tournament featuring your favorite poker variant.
- No Limit Hold’em (NLH): The biggest cash game in NJ online poker is far and away No Limit Hold’em. There are usually tables running with stakes ranging from $0.01/$0.02 to $25/$50 with six-max and nine-handed tables. However, the majority of the action is at the micro- and low-stakes levels. Most NJ online poker tournaments are No Limit Hold’em as well.
- Pot Limit Omaha (PLO): Most NJ online poker sites run Pot Limit Omaha (PLO) games, just not as many as No Limit Hold’em. The stakes online in New Jersey run from $0.01/$0.02 to $25/$50, but the $0.50/$1 and $0.25/$0.50 tables are the most popular. If your timing is right, you might also find Omaha Hi Lo games running, too.
- Stud: A lot of NJ online poker sites claim to offer studgames. In reality, the games run rarely. Stakes range from $0.50/$1 to $40/$80 when they do get off the ground.
- HORSE, 2-7 Triple Draw and other variants: While mixed games are fun and everybody knows poker is more than hold ’em and Omaha, NJ online poker isn’t. Alternative poker variants are usually only found in specialized seasonal tournaments. Cash games do not run regularly.
- Fast fold games: Most online poker sites in NJ run some version of fast-fold games akin to PokerStars NJ’s Zoom Poker tables. In this format, you are instantly transported to a different table to start a new hand when you fold one. Zoom cash games and the like requires a large player pool, so it doesn’t always run on NJ sites.
- Multi table tournaments: All NJ online poker sites offer a daily schedule of No Limit Hold’em multi-table tournaments (MTT) with buy-ins ranging from $1 to $50. However, the bigger buy-in MTTs are on Sundays in New Jersey. Larger online poker operators run SundayMajors with buy-ins ranging from $50 to $500. Prize pool guarantees for these events go up to $50,000.
- Sit and Go tournaments (SNG): Online poker sites in New Jersey host No Limit Hold’em, Pot Limit Omaha and Pot Limit Omaha Hi-Lo Sit and Go tournaments. Most are nine-handed, six-max or heads up. Buy-ins start at $0.25 and go up to $500. Prime-time peak hours are the best time to find Sit and Go tournaments running.
- Lottery Sit & Go tournaments: Lottery Sit & Go tournaments akin to PokerStars’ Spin & Gos run on a variety of NJ online poker sites. These are three-handed Sit & Go tournaments with randomized prize pools awarded. That means they are playing for anywhere from two buy-ins to $1,000. The Sit & Go tournaments that run regularly in NJ will range from $1-$25 and are even more popular than standard Sit & Gos.
Is it safe to play online poker for real money in NJ?
Online poker is legal and regulated in New Jersey. That doesn’t mean big brother is watching; however, it means theNJDGE provides oversight in the state. It ensures it is entirely safe to play online poker for real money in NJ.
The NJDGE vets every operator, issues permits, and tests and approves software and games. Fair play is a part of the equation every step of the way.
Offshore online poker rooms are the ones to concern you. Unlike legal and regulated NJ online poker sites, these are unlicensed and don’t undergo any testing.
You may have read about superuser scandals in the past where someone was able to see an opponent’s hole cards and take advantage. The NJDGE has strictguidelines in place to make sure nothing like that ever happens in the state’s legal, regulated online poker market.
Licensees are also required to keep customer funds separate from their operational budget. That means your money is always safe and secure with an NJ online poker operator.
Even if an online poker operator goes belly up, your funds will be safe.
You may remember that UltimatePoker left the NJ online poker market in 2014. Every dollar on deposit was paid back to customers before the site closed because those funds were held separately from the site’s operating budget.
More resources on multistate online poker: