Crazy Pineapple Poker is a popular up-and-coming game in many home games and poker rooms. This game is a spin-off of its more often played cousin – Texas Hold’em. It creates a bit more diversity to Hold’em so you don’t have to sit around playing the same boring hands as always. Crazy Pineapple Poker allows players to stretch their wings and hone new skills.
Crazy Pineapple is a variant of Pineapple Poker, which itself is related to Texas Hold’em. In Pineapple Poker, players receive three hole cards and discard one of them prior to the flop. Learn the rules and how to play Crazy Pineapple poker, an exciting variation of Texas Hold'em, where you are dealt three hole cards instead of only two.
Playing Crazy Pineapple Poker is easy once you get the hang of the rules. The basic Crazy Pineapple rules are not complicated to remember, but practice is the key to becoming a great player (as with all games of poker). This article will hopefully help you develop a Crazy Pineapple strategy so you can enjoy this fun game and hopefully win a few bucks if you play with your friends.
Crazy Pineapple Poker Rules
To deal Crazy Pineapple Poker, just act like you are dealing Texas Hold’em, but deal three cards to each player instead of two. You still have your small and big blind to the left of the dealer button, there may be antes included, and betting will occur like normal preflop betting.
Note: in Pineapple Hold’em (non-crazy version) each player would discard one card and make a two-card hand before the flop.
Immediately following the first round of betting, the dealer turns over three community cards known as the flop. These community cards can be used with your hand to make the best five card poker hand. Another round of betting will take place just like in Texas Hold’em. After this flop bet, before the turn card, everyone must discard one of their hole cards and create a two-card hand.
Following the discard, the rest of the hand will play out like a Hold’em hand. The dealer will deal the fourth community card known as the turn and there will be a round of betting. Then the final community card, the river, is dealt and there is the final round of betting. Showdown happens and the player that makes the best hand wins. You may use zero, one, or two hold cards along with any of the community cards to make your hand.
Play Crazy Pineapple OnlineCrazy Pineapple is primarily played as a home game as a fun variation of Texas Hold 'em. This means it is not found very often online. Carbon Poker is the one poker room that offers Pineapple Hold 'em for US players, but it rarely has people sitting down to play. If you really want to play Pineapple Hold 'em online, I would wait until a weekend or a holiday to play. This will ensure that the most players will be on at the same time and it will improve your chances of a game running. Good luck at the tables.
This article was submitted by my friend Josh. I made some edits, but he did the most work.
You Might Also Enjoy
Welcome to the world of Crazy Pineapple Poker. Find out everything you need to know about the world’s fastest growing Poker variation.
Crazy Pineapple has changed my life completely. I used to spend my weekends travelling to and from the UK to see my beloved Chelsea football team. However, since I discovered Crazy Pineapple Poker I now travel throughout Europe competing in Poker Tournaments which are specifically designed for Crazy Pineapple.
Crazy Pineapple poker belongs to the Pineapple poker family, of which there are three games.
- Pineapple poker
- Lazy Pineapple poker
- Crazy Pineapple poker
All three of these games are variants of Texas hold’em. They are played in almost the same way, with a few subtle differences. For example, in all variants of Pineapple poker, you get three hole cards instead of two.
Why Play Crazy Pineapple Poker?
How To Play Crazy Pineapple
Once upon a bottle. You might be wondering why you should play Crazy Pineapple poker. Why not just stick with a better-known poker variant?
- Ideal Social Game – You’ll rarely find Crazy Pineapple poker in real-world casinos. You can play it online, but it’s basically never included in tournaments or real money poker games. It’s a fun game to play with friends at home.
- Offers Key Advantages – In most Pineapple poker games, you’ll have to discard one of your three cards before the flop. In Crazy Pineapple poker, you get to keep all three cards until the second betting round. This lets you see how the flop cards impact your hand before you decide which one you want to discard.
- Easy to Play – Like all of the other Pineapple poker variants, this one is easy to play. If you understand the rules of Texas Hold’em, you know 99% of what you need to. The only difference is that you’ll get three cards, and you can hold them all until after the flop.
How a Typical Crazy Pineapple Poker Game Is Played
How To Play Crazy Pineapple Upside-down
Examples are always helpful. Let us explain a hypothetical game of Crazy Pineapple poker. You will recognize most of this if you’ve played Texas Hold’em before.
- Every player is dealt three hole cards. Don’t show these to other players. Keep them close to your chest.
- One betting round follows after the initial hole cards have been dealt. You don’t have to discard any cards before you make this bet.
- Three communal flop cards are then dealt on the table. You need to think about how these cards impact your hand. Each player will try to make the best hand he or she can using these cards, the cards in his or her hand, and the cards still to come.
- Another round of betting takes place right after the flop. This is when you have to choose one of your hole cards to discard. Every player must get rid of one card before gameplay proceeds.
- The dealer will then reveal the fourth community card. This is called the Turn. Another betting round will then take place.
- Finally, the dealer will reveal the River. This is the fifth and final community card. A final betting round then occurs.
- It’s time for the showdown. Each player will now have to use the two cards in his or her hand and the five community cards on the table to make the best five-card hand possible.
- The winner is declared after all hands have been shown. Typical poker hand rankings decide who has the strongest hand. The player who has it collects the pot.
Crazy Pineapple Poker – Player Questions
- Can I play Crazy Pineapple poker for free?
It’s possible to play for free at some casinos, but it’s rare to find this game at an online casino. It’s more likely to play this game in a social setting, so agree to the rules with your fellow players. A few free rounds to learn the rules properly before you bet for real money is always a wise idea.
- Do they play Crazy Pineapple poker at the WSOP?
This game has never been played at the World Series of Poker. It has been played in some other pro poker tournaments, but we rarely see it. Again, it’s more of a social game for fun.
- How many betting rounds are there in Crazy Pineapple poker?
There are four. There’s the pre-flop betting round, the betting round right after the flop, the round before the river, and the final betting round.
- Do I have to show the card I’ve discarded?
No. Place this card face-down on the table. Showing it to other players could give them a clue about what hands you can make later on. This is especially true if they see everybody else’s discarded cards, too.